Newtesol has a welding department where we make and study the best materials and welding procedures to be used in manufacture looking for the best quality results on the union.
Welding procedure qualification is usually required before job execution. It must comply with ASME or EN-ISO-15614, the rules required by our customers.
Newtesol holds more than 200 approved processes both in butt-welding as in clad metal
We practice the following tests to our procedures:
- Dye Penetrant Test (1rst & 2nd layer)
- UT 100 % of the Overlay
- Transversal Bending of Face & Side (ASME – QW462.5/d)
- Chemical Analysis (ASME II C)
- Hardness HV 10
- Macrographic & Micrographic Test (Base material, HAZ, fusion line, 1st and 2nd Layer of the Overlay).
Additional tests required by our customers:
- Tensile test removing the weldoverlay
- Corrosion test by ASTM A262-E
- Disbonding tet by ASTM G 146/01
Nuevas Tecnologías de Soldadura has carried out disbonding tests with big success (0% disbonding) over their weld overlays on CrMo base materials and stailess filler material types 347 and 308, since the petrochemical industry demands high quality requirements over reactors construction.
The following charts contain the most outstanding procedures that we use: